Monday, July 27, 2015

Review: Reasons to be Happy by Katrina Kittle

This book came as a total surprise to me. Based on the title, I did not at all expect the emotional rollercoaster this book would send me on. It’s a very emotional book touching on a lot of touchy subjects, namely bulimia and self esteem issues. It was so wonderfully written that I can honestly put myself in the main characters place and feel what she is feeling.

The book is about a young girl named Hannah, who from the outside would seem to have the perfect life, however she is dealing with her sick mother, alcoholic father and self esteem issues, all of which spiral out of control. This book really hits home with the very dark subject matter but remains a hopeful, optimistic read. The ending is exactly what you’d want it to be, and its so satisfying.


8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment