Sunday, July 26, 2015

Review: Tangled by Carolyn Mackler


Oh my goodness, I loved this book so much. I honestly did not want it to end. I wanted to know more and more about what happened with the characters. Especially Jena and Owen. This book was a very quick and light read but it was so so sweet. Nothing too heavy, but interesting nonetheless. I couldn’t put it down!

Basically, the book is spit into 4 parts, in the POV of 4 different characters during different months. The characters have their own unique stories, while only overlapping with each other minimally. Jena, a bubbly, self conscious girl who collects quotes, Skye, a spoiled actress, Dakota, a troubled guy dealing with the death of his girlfriend and Owen, a loser with a laptop. Their stories are all so interesting and engrossing. I love how Mackler was able to give all four of them their own unique voices. You could truly feel the change with each section of the novel.

Overall, I definitely recommend this book. There are definitely a few giggle-worthy awkward parts and you are left with a few questions at the end, but it’s a really interesting and enjoyable read.

P.S How lovely is the cover???? So cute.


8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment